11:00- 12:30 Panel - Congress, CARERS, and Cannabis
The 113th Congress (2013-2014) saw the greatest federal progress in medical marijuana reform with over a dozen bills introduced in the House and the adoption of the Rohrabacher-Farr Amendment into the Dept. of Justice budget. This session will briefly cover the progress that has already been made and will focus on information concerning all areas covered in the CARERS Act (S. 683), the comprehensive medical marijuana bill that was recently introduced in the US Senate.
- (Moderator) Mike Liszewski, ASA Government Affairs Director
- Rick Doblin, PhD - Opening up research
- TJ Thompson - Veterans
- John Hudak, PhD - Rescheduling
- Rabbi Jeff Kahn - Responsible business practices
- Beth & Patrick Collins - Family needs