Americans for Safe Access believes that when patients and concerned citizens are involved at the highest levels of policy making, everyone benefits. Therefore, it is imperative to give advocates the tools and information they need to competently and confidently represent. This conference strives to connect medical cannabis patients and advocates and promote excellence in our work. Participants will leave educated, inspired, and carrying a tool kit for achieving immediate results.
The National Medical Cannabis Unity Conference is the largest conference for medical marijuana patients, activists, lawyers and medical professionals promoting safe and legal access to marijuana for therapeutic uses and research. The Unity conference is your place to learn best practices, exchange ideas and learn how to navigate medical marijuana in this new political landscape. This conference will also provide professional development and leadership training to patients and concerned citizens in all areas of advocacy including federal, state and local government relations, public affairs, community relations, public policy, legislation, Congressional relations, community activism, political engagement and campaigns. Attendees will hear from successful lobbyists and communicators, elected officials, professional staff, industry experts, and public policy specialists on a wide variety of how-to topics relevant to legislative and regulatory advocacy.
When patients have a seat at the public policy table, everyone benefits. In order to get and keep our seat, we must be equipped to competently and confidently represent our viewpoint. The goal of this conference is to provide patients and concerned citizens the information, tools, and contacts they need to be successful representatives for medical cannabis and against the opioid epidemic. We achieve this by hosting substantive policy discussions, teaching the latest methods and strategies in advocacy. This year our goals are to:
- Understand the role of Cannabis in the curbing of the Opiod Epidemic.
- Bring Patients to DC to meet with their Representatives to Pass Federal Legislation. Leverage cannabis therapies in combating opioid crisis to pass legislation like the CJS amendment.
- Increase education of medical professionals, service providers, and patients.
- Advocacy: learn tips and techniques to immediately improve your advocacy effectiveness.
- Public Affairs and Communications: discuss traditional and cutting edge methods for reaching your desired audiences.
- Professional Development: enhance your professional skills and performance.
Medical cannabis patients, legal professional, medical professionals, advocates, caregivers, industry professionals or professionals working in any aspect of advocacy including federal, state or local government relations, public relations, public affairs, community activism, coalitions, public policy, campaigns, PAC and grassroots, politics, legislation, and communications. All career levels are welcomed.